Saturday, June 12, 2010

TRUTH Hair

While I was dancing in a club one of the dancers working in the club sent me an IM and started a conversation with me about tattoos. After a few minutes the conversation moved to hair and I found myself in a bit of a pickle. She had asked me if I knew of any good places where she could shop for hair, places she may not have already heard of.

Here's my thing about hair. I'm very picky about hair. It can't be super stiff and unnatural looking nor can it be super flexi where it bounces right through you as if you were made of anti-matter. My usual go to place is Magika, their hair is usually the right consistency of flexi and stiffness and the price is great (especially when they are having one of their sales or you can pick up one of their fat packs at a specialty fair for 10L- a la Poof at the Black & Blue Fair).

So with this, I was determined to search for new hair, something other than Magika that I could stick with for more than a day. Now with typical purchases, I'm an impulse shopper, I'll buy buy buy and try everything on when I get home without buying a demo... but not hair. All too often I'll buy hair, without buying a demo first, get home and suffer the most devastating buyers remorse and return back to my safe, comfortable Magika hair.

While skimming through iheartsl.com, one of my favorite things to do while avoiding RL homework and chores, I came across an entry for Truth hair, specifically the Boho hair. Although it's not my typical style the flexi quality and coloring looked ultra promising. I had to check it out! I followed the SLURL to Truth and BEHOLD! So many choices to pick from! I ended up grabbing a large assortment of demos to bring back home and try on. Again, being picky, but only the best goes on my head. While I'm only going to blog about a few of the choices I took pictures of several of the demos I tried on so you can see for yourself how they look. Read on:

Sydney
I actually like this one. It can work for both a sexy and an intelligent, sophisticated look. Held back with a color changeable band that makes it versatile to go with any look.








Sileny
Vintage pigtails, while stiff what can you expect from braided pigtails? It definitely works for that rockabilly look.









Akira
This one seemed a little stiff. My AO does this sweep of the hair movement and there just wasn't enough flexi to the hair. Without the AO though the hair looks gorgeous on, just enough cover to add a bit of sexiness and sass while still allowing you to claim that edge of enchanted innocence.







Berry
Darling and cute with wispy bits of flexi, this is just the right amount of feminine touch to pair with any dress or girlie outfit. You've also got to love the flower, you get the hair and an adorable, detailed accessory!








Amanda
A little stiff but goes with the territory of retro hair. It's definitely top notch compared to others I've seen.









Lulu
This hair is sooo cute! It's a messy little updo that sweeps over to the side. It's great for rocking with t-shirt and jeans or a rocker chic ensemble.








And this is just a small assortment of a very decent size collection. Now what's my overall opinion of their hair? I like it! It has just the right combination of flexi and naturalness that most of us strive for in SL. There are a few ultra-funky styles to pick from, but that's to be expected in order to add variety but overall the quality and quantity of designs is top notch! Don't just take my word for it- Judge for yourself! All I know is that I'm in hair love <3>


By the way, which hair did I end up picking up? Sydney and Gloria! I just love the way Sydney moves with my AO and Gloria works with some of my vintage inspired ensembles (previous attempts at finding vintage inspired hair has fallen flat).


-Love- Pandora

Here are the other styles I tried on:







This way to the TRUTH about hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment